Precautions to be Taken for COVID-19 in Closed Workplaces/Offices
- As a closed workplace/office; factory, market, workshop, plaza etc. such as closed working areas.
- Closed workplaces/offices should be ventilated frequently.
- The windows should be opened and the room should be ventilated frequently. Ventilation of workplaces with central ventilation systems should be arranged in a way to ensure fresh air circulation, maintenance of ventilation systems and filter changes should be done in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Air and surface disinfection with ultraviolet devices is not recommended in workplaces.
- There should be a distance of at least 1 meter between employees in workplaces and employees should wear masks.
- Arrangements should be made in the dining hall so that the distance between tables and chairs is at least 1 meter (preferably 2 meters). For easy contact tracking; Meal times should be determined according to the groups and if possible, the same people should eat at the same table. Similar rules should be observed during tea-drinking breaks.
- Personnel with respiratory tract infection symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath) should not be employed until they recover and should be directed to a health institution.
- Hand hygiene should be observed. Hands should be washed frequently. Hands should be washed with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and in the absence of soap and water, they should be rubbed with an alcohol-based hand rub. There is no need to use antiseptic soap, normal soap is sufficient. Soap and alcohol-based hand sanitizer should be available in easily accessible places at workplaces and sinks.
- The use of gloves is not a substitute for hand cleaning. If the work does not require the use of gloves, gloves should not be used to protect from COVID-19. The use of gloves can create an unnecessary sense of security, reduce the frequency of handwashing and increase the risk of contamination by hands.
- In the cleaning of workplaces, attention should be paid to the cleaning of frequently touched surfaces (such as door handles, telephone handsets, table surfaces). Diluted 1/100 for disinfection after cleaning with water and detergent (half a small tea glass to 5 liters of water). Bleach containing sodium hypochlorite (Sodium hypochlorite Cas No: 7681-52-9) can be used. Chlorine compounds can form corrosion on surfaces. It is a disinfectant recommended to be used for durable surfaces. For toilet cleaning, 1/10 diluted bleach (Sodium hypochlorite Cas No: 7681-52-9) should be used.
- Computer keyboards, telephones and other device surfaces where chlorine compounds are not suitable should be disinfected by wiping with 70% alcohol.
- Cleaning personnel should use masks and gloves.
- After cleaning, masks and gloves should be removed and thrown into the trash in the workplace and hand hygiene should be provided. If a washable cloth mask has been used, it should be replaced with a new one. Hands should be washed with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and in the absence of soap and water, they should be rubbed with an alcohol-based hand rub.
- In case of the presence of a COVID-19 positive person in the workplace, the Infectious Diseases Unit of the Provincial/District Health Directorate is immediately informed.
- In a workplace where the rules of wearing masks are fully complied with, if an employee is positive for COVID-19, the people around him are considered in the contact category, not the close contact category. The follow-up and treatment of the COVID-19 positive person is managed by the health institution, while other employees continue to work while wearing their masks. It is followed for 14 days by the Provincial-District Health Directorate in terms of disease symptoms.
Source : covid19bilgi.saglik.gov.tr/tr/